so oscar wanted to tell me the story about the three little pigs tonight during dinner... this was the second time around - i hope you can hear it, the sound with my camera is not so hot. i liked the first version better.. he said that "the mama pig gave each pig a piece of gold and sent them to their fortune - like we get when we eat chinese food - inside of the cookie - we break 'em open and read 'em"
the theme for the summer is splash into reading or something like that.. i let the librarian borrow oscar's piggy in the puddle book because i thought it would be awesome for the theme. i'd totally make dirt cups for the snack!
maw maw lula bell's dill pickles
- wash cucumbers - i use very small cucumbers but you can use others
- scald jars
- pack clean cucumbers in hot jars.
- add 1 pod hot pepper, garlic, 1 tsp dill seed and 1/4 tsp alum.
- bring this to a boil: 1 qt. vinegar, 2 qt. water, 1 cup plain salt
- pour over cucumbers in jars & seal.
- do not have to water bath.
- need to set several weeks to fully pickle.
oscar spent mornings this past week at vacation bible school (except for wednesday when we went to the LLL meeting in hattiesburg). he had tons of fun and then they did a program for the parents friday evening. here is a not-so-great video of him singing with the other little ones.
and visiting with nana and aunt kathy after the program
this tent looks pretty cool, sleeps 8, sounds pretty easy to assemble, is orange, and has cup holders, pockets and a gear loft! sweet!