this week i made some pumpkin pie granola. i made some soup using a pie pumpkin this past weekend and saved some pumpkin and the seeds for in the granola. it tastes pretty good, but is almost TOO crunchy. i'll include the recipe, but with the warning that it needs to be tweaked. actually, i made it up.. lots of the ingredients are optional and you can really just use whatever you have on hand..
crunchy pumpkin pie granola
1/3 c. brown sugar
4 c. rolled oats
1/2 c. chopped almonds
1/4 c. chopped pecans
1/4 c. chopped walnuts
1/2 c. pumpkin seeds
1/4 c. golden flax seeds
1/4 c. unsweetened coconut
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. cloves
2/3 c. pumpkin (cooked and mashed or canned)
1/2 c. agave nectar
1 Tbs. vanilla
1/2 c. raisins
1/2 c. cranberries (ok.. i only had like 10 cranberries, so i used mostly raisins..)
1. combine dry ingredients and spices in a large bowl. stir.
2. combine pumpkin, agave nectar and vanilla in a small bowl. i was using fresh pumpkin so i smoothed this mixture in a blender.
3. combine wet and dry ingredients and stir stir stir until all is coated and happy.
4. bake at about 250 degrees stirring every 15-20 minutes until toasted and crispy.
5. remove from oven and cool. stir in raisins and cranberries. store in an airtight container.
makes about 15 - 1/2 c. servings