gather the supplies. butternut squash, chicken broth, potatoes, corn, sausage, cream, onion, olive oil, salt & pepper.
cut squash, scoop out seeds and put it in a pan w/ some water. bake it until mushy.
scoop out the goodness
chop your onion and sausage into bite-size pieces
saute them in a little bit of olive oil
toss in the corn and potatoes and cook a bit more
puree the squishy squash and the chicken broth
add about 1/2 c. of heavy whipping cream and enjoy!
butternut squash and spicy sausage soup
- 1 butternut squash (i've also used pumpkin)
- 1 box o' chicken broth
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 12 oz. pack of turkey sausage
- 1 onion
- 2 cans of potatoes (or fresh cubed - add some extra cooking time before adding the cream) i've also used sweet potatoes
- corn - as much as you want - i do about the same amount as the potatoes
- salt & pepper - lots of pepper
- 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream