i also did a few that weren't so traditional...To My Valentine Oatmeal Cookies
Granny used to make these every year after she cut the recipe out of the newspaper
2 1/2 C. flour
2 T. Milk
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 C. sugar
1 C. oats
3/4 C. butter or margarine
1) Sift dry ingredients into bowl
2) Add butter, sugar, milk, egg and vanilla; beat until combined, about 2 min.
3) Add oats and mix well
4) Roll to 1/4 inch thick and cut into hearts
5) bake on a greased cookie sheet at 350o (moderate) 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
6) frost with a glaze made from confectioners sugar, vanilla, red food coloring, and enough milk to make a spreading consistency.