on friday we made some homemade chicken noodle soup and some buttercrust flake-aparts. mmmm.
hugs and kisses are an important part of the baking process
- 4 1/4 to 5 Cups Pillsbury's Best All purpose Flour (for use with self-rising flour, omit salt)
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 2 pkgs. active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 buttermilk or sour milk
- 1/2 cup butter (or margarine)melted butter
OVEN 400° 20 ROLLS
1) In large mixer bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, sugar, salt, soda and dry yeast.
2) In saucepan, heat buttermilk and butter until buttermilk is warm. (butter does not need to melt.) Add to flour mixture.
3) Blend at lowest speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at medium, speed.
4) By hand, stir in remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
5) Cover; let rise in warm place until light and doubled in size, about 1 hour.
6) punch down dough. Roll out on floured surface to a 15-inch square. Brush with melted butter (you can just use soft margarine from the tub if you like).
7) Cut into strips 1 1/2 inches wide; stack five strips together. Cut into pieces 1 1/2 inches long. Place cut-side down in greased muffin cups. Cover; let rise until light and doubled in size, about 30-minutes.
8) Bake at 400° for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. serve warm.