tonight jeremy, oscar and i are going to watch the academy awards, eat popcorn, and play oscar bingo.
p.s. my oscar is cuter.. here he is starring as batman.
update: neither of us actually got bingo, but we counted the blocks we got and i had more, so i won by one. i think the highlight of the evening was oscar saying "mickey rourke!" and clapping. this might be the first time i've watched the whole show, playing the bingo with jeremy actually made it tons of fun, and we're planning on a repeat next year.
oscar tried to stuff it all in his face at once
i also did a few that weren't so traditional...To My Valentine Oatmeal Cookies
Granny used to make these every year after she cut the recipe out of the newspaper
2 1/2 C. flour
2 T. Milk
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 C. sugar
1 C. oats
3/4 C. butter or margarine
1) Sift dry ingredients into bowl
2) Add butter, sugar, milk, egg and vanilla; beat until combined, about 2 min.
3) Add oats and mix well
4) Roll to 1/4 inch thick and cut into hearts
5) bake on a greased cookie sheet at 350o (moderate) 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
6) frost with a glaze made from confectioners sugar, vanilla, red food coloring, and enough milk to make a spreading consistency.
i'm trying out some different things to make for the breastfeeding class on the 16th. tonight i made some lemon poppy seed muffins (from a martha white mix - i'm aiming for tasty and easy) and put some lemon glaze on top. all participating taste testers have approved. i also have a blueberry cheesecake muffin mix that i'm going to try.
also, oscar had a well baby visit today with dr. siew. he's 28lbs and 33 1/2 in long, which is average for his age. he said everything looks good and oscar got a big elmo sticker which got ripped before we even made it out to the car.