the first recipe i tried was one that angie and i oooed and ahhed over on christmas. honey-ginger-crusted chicken. it was a pretty tastey dinner and i might try it again. i think next time i'll add more ginger - i love ginger. and maybe orange juice concentrate like they use in a recipe i'll be trying this week.. here is the recipe:
this oven-fried chicken is crisp and flavorful like skillet-fired, but with fewer calories and less fat.
prep: 10 minutes
bake: 18 minutes
makes: 4 servings
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 small skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 12 ounces total)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- dash ground red pepper (optional)
- 3/4 cup cornflakes, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- coat a shallow baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. place chicken breasts in baking pan. in a small bowl combine honey, orange juice, ginger, black pepper, and if desired, red pepper. brush honey mixture over chicken. combine cornflakes and parsley flakes. sprinkle cornflake mixture over chicken.
- bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
nutrition facts per serving: 127 calories, 3 g total fat, 45 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 17 g protein.