Back at the beginning of August a couple ladies from YouTube started the GABI Boot Camp Challenge (Grin And Bear It). A whole month of Jillian Michaels, water drinking, no night-time snacking, and random weekly challenges. There was also some self-inflicted torture (no mocha frappes!) But somehow a few of us managed to finish without cheating. I thought I might fall over dead after the first time doing the 30 day shred, and somewhere around day 7 I could barely walk and needed to buy a knee brace, but by day 30 I was more than 10lbs lighter and had a lot more stamina. I don't think I will ever be one of those people that looks forward to exercising (ew - sweat..), but I made it through and I met a lot of awesome ladies in the process.
So from GABI I learned that:
- I CAN resist the mocha frappe!
- My body is (mostly) capable of vigorous daily workouts
- Spinach DISAPPEARS in fruit smoothies (if you have blueberries in there to hide the color...)
- Walking 2 miles with a baby on your back takes a whole different set of muscles than the 30 day shred.
- I have a really hard time cooking without taste testing (Jeremy had to taste test if I was making something after dinnertime - he didn't complain)
- Jeremy is the super-duper-awesomest guy in the UNIVERSE (ok, I knew this one already..). He did the 30 day shred right along with me (or by himself when he got home from work since I mostly did it in the afternoon) and is the best cheerleader EVER. (cheer captain?)
- While I normally lack follow-through, I can be pretty determined when someone challenges me.
Marie fixed up a gigantic pamper pack to go to one of the people that made it to the end with no cheats, and even though I didn't win it, she still sent me a very very sweet package filled with sparkliness, goodies, and love. It's got all sorts of things to pamper myself with, but my favorites are the high five from her little genius-beeble, Scarlet and the "I AM LOVED" pin. Scarlet is the same age as Alice and SO. STINKIN'. SMART. She's adorable! And the pin is a well-needed reminder that I am loved (and worth loving!). Marie also has a new blog (here) and I'm excited to see what it's going to grow into. I'm intrigued by the mention of books in the title and I'm crossing my fingers that there will be some Marie written and illustrated books because she's got a wonderful way with words, a love of little ones, and massive amounts of creativity and style. Thank you, Marie, for the challenge AND the goodies!