Our third experimental pizza was my choice - Spinach and Artichoke Pizza. I didn't think it was quite as good as the other two, but Jeremy liked it just as much as the ham/cheddar/apple pizza. We froze half of the pizzas for another day and I'll update on how frozen pizzas work out.
Spinach and Artichoke Pizzas
from Real Simple
- 1 pound pizza dough, at room temperature (we used this recipe)
- cornmeal, for the baking sheets
- 2 cups marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 cups baby spinach (about 2 ounces)
- 8 ounces mozzarella, grated (1 cup)
- 1/2 8-ounce bar cream cheese, cut up
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat oven to 475° F. Shape the dough into 4 rounds and place on 2 cornmeal-dusted baking sheets.
- Dividing evenly, top the rounds with the artichoke hearts, spinach, mozzarella, cream cheese, and Parmesan; season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.